10 years of sports massage
Anita is a Massage Therapist with over 10 years experience working in the sports industry. In 2009 her cousin Sgt. George Miok at age 28 was killed by an improvised explosive device while serving on his second tour in Afghanistan and since then Anita has devoted much of her time to helping veterans with relief from their injuries and the symptoms of PTSD. In 2015 she was offered a position with Swim Canada and is now a Sports Massage Therapist at Athletics Canada. Over the years Anita has participated in many sports but excels in Powerlifting and Athletics.
Offering 30 min ($60), 60 min ($105) & 90 min ($140) massage
Major Event Experience:
- 4 World Championships : Triathlon, Water Polo and Swimming
World Championship and Olympic Trials – Swimming, Track and Wrestling
- Olympic, Para and Able Bodied Training Camps
- Rugby Canada – Games Vs USA, Romania and Scotland
- Alberta Athletics – both indoor and outdoor events
- Grey Cup Championships – Ottawa vs Calgary
- Special Events – Oilers Entertainment Group
- Grant MacEwan’s Men’s hockey, soccer and track
- University of Alberta Swim Team
- Alberta Athletics – Development Squad
- Triathlon Teams include : Brazil, Germany, Great Britian, Hungary, Italy and South Africa
of the Canadian Walk for Veterans
Medical Staff Experience:
- Canada’s Winter Games and 2x FIFA World Cup Soccer Championships.
- Working with with Aurora Artistic Swimming Club and Keyano Competitive Swim Club since 2012.
- Past President of the CSMTA (Canadian Sports Massage Therapy Association)
On occasion, teaches Sports Massage Workshops
Can assist clients with :
MIgraines, Hip Dysfunction, TMJ, Sciatica, Pain management, PTSD, MVA Injuries, Pre/ Post-Surgery, Wound/ Scar healing
- Rapid Specialist – Pain management
- Sports and Advanced Sports Massage
- Kinetic and Ortho Massage
- Nerve Compression and Soft Tissue Release
PTSD - Canadian Armed Forces, RCMP, Corrections and Emergency Services
TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint Disorder) including intra oral treatments
Motor Vehicle Claims
Deep Tissue Massage
Some believe, sports massage are those therapists that are working with athletes, it’s more than that to me.
Anita Grof, Registered Massage Therapist
Oilers Entertainment Group
Resources for Athletes
How post-event massage can help athletes recover
The purpose of a post-event massage is to aid the recovery process after intensive training or competition. Following an event, massage can help the...
6 Benefits of Sports Massage
WHAT IS A SPORTS MASSAGE? The goal of a sports massage is to reduce pain and discomfort from injuries and too much physical activity. The...
The benefits of including massage in your fitness regimen
Including massage in your fitness regimen can benefit any athlete Through rigorous training and exercise, athletes can overexert their muscles,...
Work with Anita
Book an appointment online or contact Anita direclty to get started